Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Graduation Day!!!

First let me apologize for my absence. I've been emotionally drained these last couple days and haven't been up to blogging, but things are getting a little better.

I never thought that this day would have ever come. I mean I have always dreamed of the day we would be discharged from our RE, but it always seemed just that, a dream. Today that dream has become a reality and we walked out of our clinic saying goodbye's. At least for now. It's a little weird. The appointment went great. We got to see Doozer again, and we've been looking forward to that since we walked out of our clinic last Wednesday. My how he/she has grown. Our RE said that everything looked great and that the baby is growing perfectly and it's heart rate was at 167 which was great! So now Mo has put a call into Kaiser so that she could schedule an appt with an OB. We had to make a decision whether we wanted to go with an OB that is located close to home and would deliver in a hospital that was closer, but wouldn't be as personalable and as understanding of our situation being infertile's. We also had a choice of going to the OB/GYN she has seen before which is right next door to Morrisa's job who has been awesome in the past and know's what we have been through throughout the years. The only thing with going with her would be we would have to deliver in Baltimore City which is 15-20 minutes from home. We have decided to go with the OB in Baltimore City so Mo is comfortable with her OB, which is really important to both of us. Will update when we find out more information, and will post a new picture of Doozer tonight.

Other news, my family has been hit pretty hard with bad news these last couple months. With the passing of my grandfather and his cousin the day before. Now another relative is in the hospital with cancer, which they were going to try to remove but weren't able to as it has spread all throughout his body and isn't going to make it much longer. Now my grandmother is in the hospital after she suffered a stroke last Friday afternoon. She has been improving the last couple days. She still has paralysis on her left side but able to talk more. The really hard part is that she was asking my dad yesterday if he was going to see my grandfather when he left the hospital. So she has no memory of him passing away. I hope and pray she continues to improve and with some help from the dr's or whomever we can find the best way to tell her that my grandfather is no longer with us. So many different stresses going on right now hopefully things quiet down for the weeks and months to come.


Erin said...

I am so sorry your family is having a rough time. As always you are all in my prayers. I am so happy that the baby is doing well and that you're on to the next step. I can't wait to see you both on Sunday!

thepromiseofourlove said...

Great news about Doozer!

Sorry to hear about the rest. Lots of prayers send your way!

Stace said...

So happy to hear about Doozer's progress!! That's wonderful and so exciting!

I hope everything else gets better and calmer. Hang in there!!