Monday, March 31, 2008

Here we go...

Whew... I gave Morrisa her first injection of Lupron this morning. This is the first injection I have ever given her. During our IUI's I always let her do the injections, but since I am going to be the one giving her the inter-muscular injections we thought it would be best if I get used to giving her injections. Once I got past my fear of doing something wrong and hurting her it was a breeze. I say that now because these needles are small SubQ shots. We'll see how the bigger ones go when we get there. With the IUI's I was the one mixing or dialing up the dosage and she would inject and that was fine with me, and I still felt like I was a part of the whole process. Although I must say giving the injections myself I feel even more a part of the whole thing. It's weird to say this but I'm looking forward to shooting her up some more.


Today is the beginning of a very busy week. Sunday I turn 30 and Saturday as most of you have heard my wife and mother are throwing a party. So we have relatives coming from out of town and staying with us so we have to prepare for that. On top of all of this my grandfather who had a good week last week had a bad day yesterday so we still have his health to worry about. I can't wait until March is over with!

3 comments:

Morrisa said...

You did a fantastic job! There is no one I would rather "shoot me up" than you!

Erin said...

Good for you with the shots. I am always super nice to Brian during a cycle. He could really hurt me with those IM needles. We did our first progesterone last night. A little worse than I remember, but maybe he's just out of practice.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Wow good for you!