Friday, March 7, 2008

We run the Ritz for cats!

I'm convinced that our cats think that they live in the Ritz for cats. On a daily basis I am awakened by the sound of either things hitting the floor or the blinds hitting the window. Usually this happens around 3AM! We have tried to ignore them and they just get louder and find bigger things to push off the dresser or night stands. So I have resorted to getting up at 3, feeding them and then resuming my sleep for 3 more hours on the couch. If I don't they keep us both up. Our younger cat uses the litter box no problem, except for the fact that she doesn't think she needs to cover what she just left behind. I guess she figures it smells too bad, well guess what it does! She bolts out of the room and down the hall. So who gets to cover this pleasant little present. You guessed it! It's my job to handle the litter box. :) A job I love by the way. They only eat one type of food and have so many toys they have their own toy basket that they always dig through. Spoiled I know but we love them.
I'm so glad it's Friday, I thought today would never come. On top of that we don't have anything planned other than relaxing and probably cleaning the house. My cousins are coming to visit the family for the weekend, but other than that we finally get to relax. Hopefully my wife can get over her cold and enjoy the weekend without coughing up a lung.
On the IVF front we're still waiting for AF so she can start taking birth control. It made no sense to me at first WHY she has to be on birth control when we're trying to have a baby, but it makes more sense now. It keeps everything calm and quiet so when they start the meds they a better response. I think. :) I'm anxious to finally start the IVF process. We have waited for this for so long. Right now I'm very optimistic, and my wife will tell you that I'm always the optimistic one in the relationship. No matter what the situation even if there was a 98% chance of something not happening, I'm still holding onto that 2% and in my head theres still a chance. With that said though I know when we finally start that optimism slowly turns to a cautious optimism, and then the worrying and stress really begins.

6 comments:

Morrisa said...

Yes, cleaning the litterbox is your job, and I know you love it, that's why I let you do it!

emmhollar said...

HA! We used to have a cat that did the same thing. She sadly is no longer with us, but some mornings I swear I still hear the blinds against the window. Good for you for being the optimistic one. Don't lose that. Mo will need you to have it later on. I know everything is going to work out for you two because you deserve it!

Shauna Wagner said...

keep the optimisim! good luck.

Kenya said...

Sounds like a well needed rest is in store for you and YES the litter box is the man's job. LOL Don't worry you'll add on diaper duty after your successful IVF.

sara said...

If it makes you feel better. My seven pound dog is litter box trained...dog litter, not cat..it's a little different. But I would love for my husband to clean the box...ahh maybe some day. Welcome to blog land, it's nice to see a male point of view!

Regina said...

Keep up the good work.