Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Second Beta Result

So Morrisa just called and said that they called with the results and I could tell right away that she was worried because she didn't sound as excited as I thought. They said that the levels rose from 522 to 883 which is 69%. The nurse told her not to worry, which isn't going to happen and that it was a good rise. I told her that as long as it was over the 66% it was a good thing because they wouldn't use that benchmark if it wasn't good. Her concern is that it didn't double which she has seen everyone else's do. I have no idea if 69% is a sign of bad things but I trust in our clinics experience and if they say it's good, then I won't worry about it. I mean they wouldn't use 66% as benchmark if it wasn't good right? Should I be worried also or should I put trust in the nurse and believe that she isn't saying that to make us feel better?

2 comments:

sara said...

I don't think I ever told you guys congrats...so congrats on the little one! I told Morrisa that my friend had the same thing happen to her. Her results only went up about 50% or so from beta one to beta two, and she now has a beautiful little girl. I'm sure the same will be for you guys too! (Well maybe not a little girl, but if not then a boy :-)

Erin said...

I'm counting on you to keep Morrisa as positive as possible. You both have strong faith and you need to lean on that. God brought you this far.