Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thump...Thump!!

We went in for our 6 week u/s and we were both nervous. Morrisa was nervous that things weren't progressing like they should, but even more optimistic than any other time we have entered through the clinics doors. I was a little nervous but excited at the possibility of seeing our little baby. We sat in the waiting room which only had 2 other patients in it, and it felt like an hour had passed before they called us back. Which once we got in the room I noticed we were only out there for 15 - 20 minutes. Dr O came in and immediately hugged Morrisa and congratulated the both of us which was really nice of him to do. I'm really glad that we were blessed to have a great doc through these years. They started doing the u/s and we were able to right away see her uterus which has become very easy to spot as I think we have become pros at what to look for and recognizing what is on the screen. Although we have never seen what we saw today, and it was amazing. While they were looking around Dr O explained that he had to look around before pointing things out. While they were scanning around I could notice a blinking on the screen. For hearing other peoples explanation on what to look for this blinking it what I thought was a heart beat. Dr. O then started pointing things out on the screen and sure enough there it was. Doozer's little heart was thumping away. Dr. O measured Doozer's heart rate which was 90bpm and said that everything looked great. Tears immediately filled my eyes as this (other than the birth it self) was something I've been waiting for, for so long now. We have a picture which we will scan tonight and post for all to see. Morrisa took it to work with her and hasn't been able to put it down. I don't blame her because if I was the one to hold it until we get home I would be the same way. We go back in for another u/s next wednesday. I can't wait!

Another note my mom called last night and said that my grandmother who has been pretty good since the passing of my grandfather, and she had a message for Mo. She had been watching the news and there was a story that pregnant women shouldn't talk on cell phones. She couldn't remember why & what happened if they did but all she heard was that they should use cell phones, and had to let Mo know right away. Shes too cute.

3 comments:

J said...

That is fantastic! Praise God.

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Congratulations. Your post made me tear up! I'm so excited for you guys even though we have never met :)